GULF COAST Avionics Has Completedan extensive Garmin Touchscreen avionics upgrade on a high-performance pilatusPC-9 turboprop
This is the third Pilatus PC-9 that Gulf Coast Avionics has upgradedand the first to feature dual Garmin G3X Touch large-format touchscreendisplays.
Lakeland, FL (May 03, 2017) — Rick Garcia, President and CEO, Gulf Coast Avionics announced that thecompany has completed an extensive avionics upgrade on a Pilatus PC-9single-engine turboprop for a private owner.
Schloss explained that the PC-9’s dual cockpit avionicsupgrade included:
• Dual Garmin G3X Touch large-format touchscreen displays
• Garmin G3X Integrated Autopilot
• Dual Garmin GTN 650 touchscreen GPS/NAV/COMM/MFDs
• Garmin GTX 345 ADS-B “Out” and “In” Mode S extendedsquitter transponder
• Garmin GTX 335 ADS-B “Out” ES transponder
• Garmin GTS 800 Active Traffic Alerting System
• Garmin Flight Stream 510 gateway for wireless iPad cockpitconnectivity
• Garmin G5 Electronic Attitude Indicator
“Because Mr. Hayes wanted to install the non-TSO’d GarminG3X integrated autopilot, the aircraft had to be registered as Experimental,” Garciasaid. “It really didn’t matter to us or the owner: This aircraft received thesame care and attention we give every installation. The final product rivalsanything you’d find in any certified aircraft no matter what its use.”