GTR 225A 8.33 KHZ Transceiver
Part No: 010-02484-50
Pickup available at 3650 Drane Field Rd
Usually ready in 24 hours
8.33 KHZ Transceiver
Reduce Your Workload
- 10 W or 16 W Comm with 25 kHz or 8.33 kHz spacing options
- Automatically displays tuned frequency's navaid or airport identifier
- Easy frequency lookup using an airport identifier
- Bright sunlight-readable display
- Advanced standby monitoring means you'll never miss an ATC call while listening to ATIS
Let the versatile GTR 225 Comm radio reduce the amount of work you do in the cockpit. Not only does the GTR 225 meet the basic needs of most pilots – including adhering to new airspace requirements in Europe – but features a number of advanced features that save you time and effort.
Choose Your Installation
The GTR 225 is available in 3 versions to fit your needs. Two of these models are available with 25 kHz frequency channel spacing and 8.33 kHz channel spacing to meet the impending Single European Sky mandate that all aircraft in Europe will need to operate with by 2018. It's also available with either 10 W or 16 W of transmitter output, letting you find the right balance of power and price. All 3 versions include a 2-place intercom that’s ideal for 2-seat aircraft; no additional hardware is required to communicate with your passenger. Plus, remote frequency flip-flop capability can help in demanding operating environments like helicopters, letting pilots keep their hands on the controls.
Reduce Your Workload
In addition to traditional Comm features, the GTR 225 incorporates a number of functions that can save you time and effort. Provide the GTR 225 with an airport identifier and it will automatically find its frequency (and vice versa) thanks to a built-in, updateable database. When installed with a compatible GPS source like our GTN or GNS series avionics, you can also view facility name and type when tuned to a valid station. You'll gain the confidence of knowing you're talking to the right controller every time. The Comm's database technology also allows you to store and recall commonly used or recently used frequencies by an assigned name. All information is displayed prominently on the device's large sunlight-readable LCD display so you can read it at a glance.
Never Miss a Transmission
With its standby frequency-monitoring feature, the GTR 225 gives you the ability to listen to ATIS while monitoring ATC. Swapping your active and standby frequencies is done with a single touch of a button. No longer will you have to worry about missing an ATC call or other critical transmission. You can also use the built-in timer to assist with approaches, holds and other assigned maneuvers.
Need night vision?
For pilots flying patrol aircraft or helicopters while using night vision goggles (NVGs) to aid visual surveillance, the GNC 255 series NAV/COMM radios are available in versions that offer NVG-compatible displays. Featuring readouts and lighting designed to suppress light waves in the red to near-infrared (NIR) spectrum, these radios screen out distracting light interference for NVG operations – while providing crisp, vivid display readability under all lighting conditions, from nighttime to bright daylight.
Worldwide Comm Database
Enter the airport identifier to find the frequency (or frequencies) associated with that location. Uses GPS input (from compatible systems, sold separately) to determine locations for each of the 25 nearest airports, Flight Service Stations, ATC facilities, WX stations, etc.
Comm Radio Features
- 10W Comm with 8.33 kHz spacing
- Flight Service Stations, ATC facilities, WX stations, etc.
- Active and standby flip-flop frequencies
- One-touch 121.5 emergency channel tuning
- Comm frequency monitor function (listens to standby while monitoring the active)
- Recall of frequency from database by facility name and type
- Database reverse lookup of frequencies providing station ID andfrequency use (TWR, ATIS, etc.)
- Volume control bar graph display
- Alphanumeric display of frequency types (ATIS, GRND, TWR, etc.)
- High-visibility alphanumeric LCD display
- Transmit status indicator
- Backlit keypad controls
- Automatic and manual, pilot-selectable display intensity control
- Built-in, two-place voice activated intercom
- Frequency memory and recall
- Stores/recalls 15 user defined frequencies
- Stores/recalls previous 20 frequencies used
- Squelch test function
- Stuck mic time-out
- 12 W audio amplifier
- Specific versions for fixed wing and helicopter installations
Communication channels: 760 with 25 kHz spacing; 2280 channels with 8.33 kHz spacing
Frequency range: 118.000 to 136.992 MHz (with 8.33 kHz spacing
Transmit power: 10 or 16 W (optional)
Input voltage range: 9 to 33 VDC
Operating temperature range: -20 to +55 C
Certifications: TSO C169a (transmitting and receiving), TSO C128a (stuck mic)
Dimensions: 1.65”H x 6.25”W x 10.4”D (4.19 x 15.88 x 26.42 cm)
Weight: 2.30 lbs (1.04 kg) unit only; 3.06 lbs (1.38 kg) with mounting rack
Depth: 11.23 inches (28.52 cm) behind panel, including mounting rack and connectors