TQ AIRCRAFT ELECTRONICS
Part No: KRT2-S
The newly developed radio transceiver with the new mandatory 25 kHz / 8.33 kHz channel spacing is small, lightweight, energy-efficient and full of innovative digitalisation technology. The high level of digitalisation results in high frequency stability and channel separation as well as crystal-clear communication. As a stand-alone transceiver for sport, experimental, ultralight, gliders and balloons as well as for larger GA aircrafts up to 5.7 t MTOW (12.500 lbs), the KRT2 is a reliable companion on all flights.
Lowest weight, compact dimensions, lowest power consumption – all made possible by the highly digitized technology.
The Advantages at a Glance
• Very high frequency stability and channel separation – under all operating conditions
• Spectacular low weight of less than 400 grams (0,88 lbs) for Standard and Mini versions
• Compact dimensions – for easy and flexible installation • Minimized power consumption – optimized for battery operation in gliders and balloons
• Crystal-clear voice transmission – for perfect communication
• Large, high-contrast, long-life TFT colour display for excellent readability
• Intuitive controls – developed by pilots for pilots
• Outstanding price/performance ratio – Made in Germany
Easy installation The KRT2 is available in four form-factors. In addition to the standard version for mounting in a 2¼” cut out (57 mm) diameter slot, the communication experts are available in mini-format, in landscape or portrait housings. With its small housing length, it is easy to install, even in cockpits with confined space. For mobile use, e.g. ballooning, the radio transceiver is also available as a portable station – ideally in combination with the KTX2 Mode-S transponder.
Functionality at its best
In addition to its high-end design, the KRT2 impresses with many characteristics, which raise radio communication in the cockpit to a high level and open the way to functional extensions in the future.
- Dual watch technology: Beside the main frequency, it is also possible to listen to a second frequency
- Speech controlled intercom: Two headsets or loudspeakers with microphones (standard or dynamic) can be connected with the optionally available cable harness
- 100 freely assignable frequency memories with 8-character, plain-text display: saves the re-entry of often used frequencies
- Automatic squelch function: the threshold can be adjusted manually
- Additional AF input: can be used, for example, for warning messages from anti-collision systems (Flarm, ADS-B)
- Future-proof multi-functionality: through the possibility of firmware upgrades
The KRT2 is available in three models. In addition to the standard version for mounting in a 57-mm round slot, it is available to communication experts in mini-format, in landscape or portrait housings.
With its small housing length, it is easy to install, even in cockpits with confined space.
For mobile use, e.g. ballooning, the radio transceiver is also available as a portable station – ideally in combination with the KTX2 Model-S transponder.
General data/basic data
- ≥10 W at 4 Ω
- approx. 370 g
- Standard: 63 x 62 x 149 mm (2,5 x 2,4 x 5,86“) Ø 57mm (2,25“) detail
- 8,33 / 25 kHz VHF-Radio Transceiver
- 117.975 - 137.000 MHz
- ±5 ppm
- 9 - 30 V DC
- gesamt: 0.2 - 1.0 A (depending on the number of queries) Send: 17 - 30 W (depending on the respective modulation) Standby: 1 - 1.4 W (depending on display brightness setting)
- Standby: 1 - 1.4 W (depending on display brightness setting) Send: 17 - 30 W (depending on modulation)
- 6 W @ ≥ 13.5 V
- -20°C ... +55°C
Max. Operating height:
- 35.000 ft
- Sender: EUROCAE ED-23C Class 4, 6, RTCA DO-186B Class 4, 6
- Receiver: EUROCAE ED-23C Class C-D-E-H1/2, RTCA DO-186B Class C-D-E
- Environment: RTCA DO-160F / ED14F
- Software: RTCA DO-178C / ED12C Level D
- ETSO-2C169a / TSO-C169a
- EASA.21O.10038036; FCC