The King KY-96A is a lower-cost King COMM, designed for aircraft with 28 volt electrical systems. The KY-96A is capable of tuning 760 COMM channels. Like the KY-97A, the KY-96A uses an LCD display.
- VHF Communications Transceiver with Liquid Crystal Display
- Operates 760 frequencies from 118.00 to 136.975 MHz (version dependent, see table below)
- Flip-flop frequency switch to transfer between active and standby frequencies
- Remote switch may be installed as an additional means of providing flip-flop function
- 9 programmable memory channels in addition to the two displayed frequencies
- Non-volatile frequency storage without batteries or external battery hookup
- Audio leveling automatically amplifying weak audio signals and muting those which are too strong
- Stuck microphone indication through flashing display
- 5 watts minimum power output
- 28 volt operation only
- Models available with 25Khz or 50KHz selectivity (see table below)
- Models available with different audio outputs (see table below)
- Same as KY-97A VHF Comm but KY-96A operates on 28 volt only
See below for answers to our most popular questions.