RS-232 or RS-422 protocols. The NGT-9000 model features an option for an in-line WiFi transmitter, enabling pilots to view ADS-B traffic on their PED (iPad) using a compatible app. Since the Lynx NGT-9000 receives simultaneously on both 1090Mhz and 978Mhz, pilots will receive ADS-B traffic regardless of altitude or geographic location.
While ADS-B traffic is comprehensive, there are limitations to the service including line of sight to station, nonequipped
areas, GPS signal integrity and non-participating aircraft. The Lynx NGT-9000 has the option to be equipped with the L-3 NextGen Active Traffic® system. This enablement blends ADS-B with active traffic data, providing an uninterrupted display of aircraft equipped with Mode A, C and S transponders. Adding NextGen Active Traffic also enables extended aural alerting of intruder aircraft position such as “Traffic, 1 O’clock High, 2 Miles.” Existing SkyWatch® owners can opt to re-use the system’s antenna and cables. The L-3 NextGen Active Traffic enablement is built into the NGT-9000+, eliminating the need for an external box, saving weight and installation costs.
The Lynx NGT-9000 includes subscription-free weather data such as METARs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and NEXRAD
information overlaid on a moving map. A second map page shows Winds and Temps Aloft data. This arrangement
allows the pilot to quickly page through graphical weather screens, viewing large amounts of data without overloading
a single page. A touch of the finger on the graphical weather map brings up corresponding textual data of the highlighted station or weather icon. A settings page allows the pilot to further customize the weather data pages in both detail and range.
With the Lynx family of ADS-B products, you will receive up to the minute broadcast information regarding airports,
Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs) and Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR) in graphical and textual form. Similar to the
weather map, touching an airport or zone icon on the graphical side of NGT-9000 map brings up its corresponding
textual data. This data is useful in all phases of flight, aiding the pilot in planning proper routes and informing them
about their departing and destination airports.
LYNX NGT-9000 FEATURES
• Mode S Extended Squitter (ES) transponder with intuitive touch screen interface
• Dual Mode 1090ES ADS-B Out plus 1090 and 978 ADS-B In
• Designed for 14V and 28V installations
• Patented Lynx Tail provides Flight ID, aircraft type and ground speed data of other ADS-B traffic
• Internal rule compliant position source (WAAS-GPS)
• Moving map including TFRs, airport databases and NOTAMs
• Subscription-free ADS-B graphical and textual weather including NEXRAD, METARs, Winds & Temps Aloft, AIRMETs and SIGMETs
• Customizable layouts and information per pilot preference
• Faceplate data port for maintenance personnel access to setup menus, software updates and option enablements via laptop
• Options available for internal L-3 NextGen Active Traffic, Antenna Diversity, PED (iPad) WiFi connectivity and Remote Mount models
***This system must be installed by an approve L-3 Communication dealer.