Commercial Pilot Flight Maneuvers
Part No: CPFM
Intuitively appealing presentations and explanations facilitate learning and understanding and promote study discipline by making preparation for the commercial pilot tests a more positive experience.
- Answer explanations to the immediate right of each question. This placement provides you with immediate feedback and saves time and effort.
- Shorter study units. The Gleim books are divided into chapters and study modules to improve understanding and learning.
- Special indentations and line spacing greatly reduce study fatigue and encourage you to cover much more study material than when using conventional study books.
- Our comprehensive coverage assures that you will be well prepared. Gleim consistently covers nearly all FAA exam questions.
The Gleim Commercial Pilot Flight Maneuvers and Practical Test Prep book is designed to simplify and facilitate your flight training. Thorough discussions based on the FAA Airman Certification Standards, and full-color detailed illustrations teach each flight maneuver, area of operation, and other subject area tasks prior to your flight lesson. Thus, you will be thoroughly prepared to spend more quality time in the airplane. This book will make your flight training easier to understand and is a must for study prior to your FAA practical test.
- Thorough discussions explain all knowledge, risk management, and skills items in the FAA Airman Certification Standards.
- Step-by-step instructions make it easy to learn new maneuvers and procedures.
- Learn from others' mistakes by reviewing common errors and how to avoid them.
Table of Contents
Part I -- General Certificate Information
Study Unit 1: Optimizing Your Flight and Ground Training
Study Unit 2: Your FAA Practical (Flight) Test
Part II -- Flight Maneuvers and FAA Airman Certification Standards: Discussed and Explained
Section I: Preflight Preparation
Study Unit 3: Pilot Qualifications
Study Unit 4: Airworthiness Requirements
Study Unit 5: Weather Information
Study Unit 6: Cross-Country Flight Planning
Study Unit 7: National Airspace System
Study Unit 8: Performance and Limitations
Study Unit 9: Operation of Systems
Study Unit 10: Human Factors
Section II: Preflight Procedures
Study Unit 11: Preflight Assessment
Study Unit 12: Flight Deck Management
Study Unit 13: Engine Starting
Study Unit 14: Taxiing
Study Unit 15: Before Takeoff Check
Section III: Airport Operations
Study Unit 16: Communications and Light Signals
Study Unit 17: Traffic Patterns
Section IV: Takeoffs, Landings, and Go-Arounds
Study Unit 18: Normal Takeoff and Climb
Study Unit 19: Normal Approach and Landing
Study Unit 20: Soft-Field Takeoff and Climb
Study Unit 21: Soft-Field Approach and Landing
Study Unit 22: Short-Field Takeoff and Maximum Performance Climb
Study Unit 23: Short-Field Approach and Landing
Study Unit 24: Power-Off 180° Accuracy Approach and Landing
Study Unit 25: Go-Around/Rejected Landing
Section V: Performance and Ground Reference Maneuvers
Study Unit 26: Steep Turns
Study Unit 27: Steep Spiral
Study Unit 28: Chandelles
Study Unit 29: Lazy Eights
Study Unit 30: Eights on Pylons
Section VI: Navigation
Study Unit 31: Pilotage and Dead Reckoning
Study Unit 32: Navigation Systems and Radar Services
Study Unit 33: Diversion
Study Unit 34: Lost Procedures
Section VII: Slow Flight and Stalls
Study Unit 35: Maneuvering During Slow Flight
Study Unit 36: Power-Off Stalls
Study Unit 37: Power-On Stalls
Study Unit 38: Accelerated Stalls
Study Unit 39: Spin Awareness
Section VIII: High Altitude Operations
Study Unit 40: Supplemental Oxygen
Study Unit 41: Pressurization
Section IX: Emergency Operations
Study Unit 42: Emergency Descent
Study Unit 43: Emergency Approach and Landing (Simulated)
Study Unit 44: Systems and Equipment Malfunction
Study Unit 45: Emergency Equipment and Survival Gear
Section XI: Postflight Procedures
Study Unit 46: After Landing, Parking, and Securing
Appendix A: Your Pilot’s Operating Handbook/Airplane Flight Manual
Appendix B: Risk Management Overview
Appendix C: Complex and High-Performance Airplanes
Abbreviations and Acronyms