Aircraft CO Detector - AERO-353P-101
Part No: AERO-353P-101
Pickup currently unavailable at 3650 Drane Field Rd
Guardian Avionics CO Detector
The CO Guardian 353P-101 panel mounted Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector is designed especially for the experimental and homebuilt aircraft market. A compact and lightweight unit meant to use as little panel space as possible, the 353P-101 combines highly accurate CO detection for the cockpit as well as cabin pressure warning and the ability to display on an external unit (see hardware list). This CO detection unit is perfect for builders and pilots looking for protection from the dangers of carbon monoxide in their experimental, homebuilt, or non-certified aircraft and integration with an existing PFD, MFD, or engine monitor system.
The sensitive onboard CO sensor alarms when carbon monoxide levels measure greater than 50 parts-per-million (PPM). A loud 85db aural warning will sound and an amber warning LED will flash when CO measures 50 to 99 PPM over a 3-5 minute span. An aural warning and a red LED flashing warning will trigger when levels climb above 99 PPM immediately when detected.
The built-in pressure sensor indicates altitude warnings at 10,000 feet, 12,500 feet, and 14,000 feet as a reminder to the pilot that supplemental oxygen should be used. These warnings are displayed on an optional annunciator light.
The included RS-232 serial connection allows added CO level reporting and alerts to be displayed on a variety of Primary Flight Display (PFD), Multi-Function Display (MFD), and engine monitor products. Please refer to the approved product list below.
The compact and lightweight CO Guardian 353P-101 will fit into a small 2.25 in by 1.5 in instrument position and weighs only 3.5 oz. Installation is very simple and takes only 2-4 hours on average. The 353P-101 accommodates a connection to an external annunciator light (sold separately) to add an additional level of safety when the unit is out of view.
- Designed for non-certified single and multi-engine piston engine aircraft.
- Dimensions: 3.35 in. L x 2.25 in. W x 1.50 in. H.
- Weight 3.5 oz.
- Input Power 14/28 VDC.
- RS-232 Serial Connection included for reporting on external systems (see list).
- Internal fan for optimum sensing.
- Shielded to prevent EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) with aircraft systems.
- Audible alarm with varying pitch at 85 dB.
- LED Red and Amber CO Alert lights. LED green nominal indication light.
- Temperature ranges 0 °F to 110 °F.
- Built-in Temperature compensating circuit.
- CO sensor tested up to 15,000 feet.
Approved PFD, MFD, and Engine Monitor Products that will display the CO Guardian 353P data:
- Garmin: Garmin G3X, Garmin G3X Touch, Garmin G900
- J.P. Instruments (JPI): EDM 730, EDM 830, EDM 900 Primary, EDM 900 Experimental, EDM 960 Twin
- Electronic Instruments (EI): MVP50P, MVP-50T, CGR-30P
- Advanced Flight Systems: AF2500/3500/4500/5000/5400/5500/5600/5800
- Grand Rapids Technologies (GRT): Sports SX, Horizon HX, and HXr EFIS Systems
- Ultra Electronics: AuRACLE CRM 2120
- MGL Avionics: XTreme EFIS
Because of their sensitive nature, all carbon monoxide (CO) detector sensors require replacement after a period of time to remain accurate. All Guardian Avionics / CO Guardian aviation CO detectors feature a self-test at power on for each flight. If the unit shows a failure of the CO sensor upon power up, you must send the unit to Guardian Avionics for replacement or overhaul. Depending on level of use, storage environment, and flight environment, most CO sensors have a usable life of 5-7 years. Though our units have a required Time Before Overhaul (TBO) of Seven (7) years from point of installation regardless of self-test results, we recommend sending in your unit for replacement / recalibration every 5 years during your annual maintenance inspection to assure safety and accuracy of your unit.
The procedure for recalibration is as follows:
- Remove component and note full model number and unit serial number.
- Apply for an RMA Number at: https://www.guardianavionics.com/rma-request or call 520-889-1177 (M-F, 8am to 5pm MST) - the RMA number will be emailed back to you.
- Order a recalibration or new replacement at https://www.guardianavionics.com/recalibration.
- Send unit in under RMA number to: Guardian Avionics, Attn: RMA #___, 1840 East Valencia Rd, Suite 216, Tucson, AZ 85706
- Once unit is received by Guardian Avionics, the recalibrated or replaced unit will be shipped within 3-5 business days unless specified. Core charge will be refunded.
- Upon receipt of the recalibrated/replaced unit, a fresh 1 year limited warranty applies and the unit has a fresh 7 year TBO.