Part No: 8203
Pickup currently unavailable at 3650 Drane Field Rd
The new Artex ELT-1000 with GPS interface is a value-priced upgrade to standard 121.5 MHz ELT’s, which are no longer monitored by the COSPAS-SARSAT system. 406 MHz ELT transmitters produces a much more accurate position, typically 3 kilometers as compared with 15 to 20 kilometers for 121.5 MHz transmitters. When interfaced to the aircraft navigation system (RS232), the ELT 1000’s accuracy improves to approximately 100 meters.
Because it is a single output ELT, the ELT 1000 utilizes the same RF output and only one coax cable to transmit a 406 MHz emergency signal to COSPAS-SARSAT satellites and a local 121.5 Homing signal. With its new built-in navigational interface that does not require aircraft power to operate, the cost of installation is greatly reduced.
The new 2-wire interface is compatible with older 121.5 MHz ELTs, so upgrading your ELT is simple and affordable.
Pair the ELT 1000 with ARTEX’s exclusive online satellite confirmation testing (406Test.com) and get real time beacon testing results from the same satellites used by Search and Rescue to ensure your ELT system is functioning properly. There is a reason that ARTEX ELTs are the choice of all major aircraft manufacturers, they know ARTEX builds the highest quality products knowing they are used to save lives.
• Single antenna output for emergency transmission on both 406 MHz (Cospas–Sarsat) and 121.5 MHz frequencies
• Enhanced positional accuracy with a GPS interface that does not require aircraft power
• Encoded digital message broadcasts aircraft identification, registration and owner, and emergency contact details
• Weight: 2.2 lb (996 g) with tray
• 6–year, LiSO2 battery
• Cospas–Sarsat, FAA TSO, Industry Canada approved
- Model: ELT 1000
- Antenna Options Available: Rod: 110-338 or 8603 or Whip: 110-773
- Operating Frequencies: 406 MHz, 121.5 MHz +/- 5 KHz, GPS Interface
- GPS: Built-in GPS Navigational Interface
- Output Power: 406 MHz: 5 W (440 ms/ 50 sec) for 24 hours @ -20°C to +55°C, 121.5 MHz: 100 mW minimum for 50 hours @ -20°C to +55°C
- Output Connector: BNC Female (406 MHz; 121.5 MHz)
- Activation: Automatic by 4.5 feet per second (2.3 G) Primary G-Switch or Manual Activation
- Battery: 6 year Lithium (LiSO2)
- Temperature Certified to: Operating: -20°C to +55°C, Storage: -55°C to +85°C
- Self Test: G-Switch Enabled, 406 MHz Power, Antenna/Coax Connection, Low Battery
- Remote Control: ON/ARM/TEST
- Weight (with tray): 2.2 lbs (996 g)
- Measurements: ELT Transmitter with mounting hardware installed: 6.6 x 2.9 x 3.7” (167 x 73 x 94 mm)
- Approvals: Cospas-Sarsat, FAA TSO