E-04R RETROFIT 406 ELT
Part No: E-04R
Only purchase if you are replacing an ACK E-01 ELT. This model is NOT for a new installation. Retrofit Kit does NOT include remote.
The all new E-04 ELT is a direct replacement for the model E-01 ELT's and transmits on 406 as well as 121.5 MHz. For increased accuracy it can also accept NEMA 0183 GPS position data from Garmin and Bendix/King GPS. Includes transmitter, lithium battery pack, external antenna, plug in audible alert and install manual.
The E-04 is a 406 MHz/121.5 MHz ELT intended for use in general and commercial aviation and is a direct replacement for the E-01 ELT. This ELT fits the E-01 mounting trays, uses the same remote control panel indicator, and the E-04 external antenna can use the preexisting E-01 antenna mounting and wiring installation.
The E-04 activates in the event of a crash and transmits a homing signal on 121.5 MHz for 48 hours while simultaneously transmitting a distress signal on 406 MHz to the Cospas-Sarsat system for up to 24 hours. Additionally, this unit can be interfaced with an aircraft’s GPS system and is capable of accepting GPS position input data from several different devices. GPS information can then be sent to search and rescue, which results in drastically reduced search times. When activated, the E-04 provides an aural alert with a simple plug-in alert indicator.
- Accepts GPS position input data from Bendix/King. Garmin, Nema 0183 GPS
- Antenna is swept back 20 degrees, and features a molded plastic base.
- 5 watts @ 406MHz for 24 hours, and 100 Mw @ 121.5 MHz for 48 hours.
- Simple plug in audible alert indicator.
- Lithium battery pack offers a 5 year battery life, and makes it substantially lighter.
- 121.5 MHz / 406 MHz ELT (E-04)
- Remote Horizontal placard (E-04.12.2)
- Remote vertical placard (E-04.12.2)
- Whip antenna (E-04.8)
- Electrostatic discharger (E-04.10.1.12)
- Audio alert (E-04.7)
- Female 4 pin DIN plug (E-04.10.6)
- Audio alert cable (E-04.10.3)
- Switch cover (E-04.11.1)
- Installation/Operation/Manual (E-04M)
- 7.75" long
- 2.85" width
- 2.85" height
- 1.6 pounds in weight with battery
- Remote requires a Duracell PX28L 6 volt lithium battery or an Eveready AS44 battery
- Audible Alert Indicator requires a Duracell CR2 3 volt lithium battery or equivalent