Aspen Evolution E5
Part No: 925-00101-001
Pickup available at 3650 Drane Field Rd
Usually ready in 24 hours
Aspen Evolution E5
Simplifying the transition from old-style vacuum gauges to electronic displays, the Evolution E5 is a drop-in replacement that gives you advanced functionality with easy and affordable upgrades that allow you to add additional capabilities and take advantage of future technologies without replacing your existing display.
Evolution e5 Dual Electronic Flight Instrument Features
Versatile Performance – presents attitude information with altitude, airspeed, vertical speed plus HSI into a single display with a backup battery. Includes Global Positioning System (GPSS) Steering, and attitude heading reference system (ADAHRS)
New advanced features – Unlock the true power of the E5 now featuring a standard HSI and optional True Airspeed, Outside Air Temperature, Winds, and GPS annunciations through a simple software upgrade
Flexible installation options – the E5 is approved for IFR flight when installed with a panel-mounted IFR GPS. When installed without a panel mount GPS the E5 is approved for VFR flight only.
Reliable - With redesigned electronics and new glass, the Evolution E5 has a bolder and brighter display and offers higher reliability, more capability and increased processing speed all while retaining Aspen’s unique form factor design that keeps installation costs down
Affordable and easy to purchase – real glass for under $5K and available through aviation retailers
Compatible – works with your panel’s existing avionics
Autopilot Avionics – interfaces to the new TruTrak Vizion Autopilot and is compatible with most legacy autopilots (Optional ACU and EA100 may be needed depending upon autopilot type.)
Simple Installation – the unique form-fit factor design slides into existing panel—one install does it all
Upgradeable – affordably upgrade to the Pro MAX and add other features such as ADS-B, Angle of Attack, Synthetic Vision and Hazard Awareness with an easy upgrade path that leverages your Evolution E5 investment without unit replacement
Smart Investment – increases aircraft value, situational awareness
- Backup attitude indicator not required
- Consolidates traditional attitude indicator and directional gyro (DG) into a single display
- Autopilot compatibility interfaces to the new TruTrak Vizion Autopilot
- Compatible with most legacy autopilots
- Includes Global Positioning System (GPSS) Steering, and attitude heading reference system (ADAHRS)
- Large, 6.0" diagonal, 400 x 760 pixel TFT Active Matrix LCD screen with bolder/brighter resolution
- Rechargeable lithium-ion external backup battery with up to two hours of battery life
- Works with your panel’s existing avionics
- Unique form-fit design slides easily into existing panel cutouts
- Provides a path for removal of vacuum instruments*
- PFD Upgrades
- Easy and affordable Evolution E5 Non-TSO STC to full TSO Evolution 1000 Pro upgrade
- * In most circumstances. Actual vacuum instrument removal will vary by aircraft.
- Overall Dimensions: 3.50” W x 7.00”H x 4.15”D
- Weight: 2.9 lbs. with mounting bracket
- Display Type: 6.0” Diagonal TFT Active Matrix LCD
- Display Resolution: 400x760
- Display Backlight: High Intensity White LED
- Display Colors: 32,768
- Operating Temp: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temp: -55°C to +85°C
- Max Operating Altitude (unpress.): 35,000 ft.
- Cooling: Integral Fan
- Max Humidity: 95% at 50°C
- Input Voltage: +9 to +32 Volts DC
- Max Current: 2.4 Amps @ 28 Vdc / 4.8 Amps @ 14 Vdc
- ARINC 429 Inputs: 5 Low Speed
- ARINC 429 Outputs: 1 Low Speed
- RS-232 Inputs: 5
- RS-232 Outputs: 3
- Pitot / Static: Quick Connect
- Software: RTCA DO-178B Level C
- Environmental: RTCA DO-160E
Questions & Answers
See below for answers to our most popular questions.
What aircraft makes and models are approved for this instrument?
Here is a link to the current STC with Approved Model List (AML). This will give you the aircraft currently approved for installation of the E5 system.
Aspen E5 STC/AML
Does this work with Garmin GNS 530w for GPS source?
The GNS-530W will interface to the E5 for Heading and ADC information. You can also use the E5 as an HSI for Nav information.
Is this compatible with Cessna 172A? I do not see it on the STC.
The 172A is listed on the AML. It is listed under Textron as the manufacuturer and not Cessna.
What's the warranty?
Manufacturer warranty is 2-years from date of purchase.