FAA Commercial Pilot Knowledge Test
Part No: CPKT
The primary purpose of Commercial Pilot FAA Knowledge Test is to provide you with the easiest, fastest, and least expensive means of passing the FAA Commercial Pilot - Airplane (CAX) knowledge test, which is required before you take your commercial pilot practical test.
Additionally, this book can be used in preparation for the FAA Military Competency - Airplane (MCA) knowledge test. This test is required if you are applying to obtain an FAA commercial pilot certificate based on current or past military pilot experience within the past 12 months.
We change the FAA knowledge (written) test process from a memorization marathon to a learning opportunity and experience. You get higher test scores in less study time. Seven of the major differences between our Commercial Pilot FAA Knowledge Test book and most other available books are
- Only airplane-related questions and study materials are included.
- Comprehensive explanations of each question's correct and incorrect answer choices are provided.
- Answer explanations are NEXT to each question, NOT at the back of the book.
- All FAA test questions are reorganized into logical topics (FARs, weather, navigation, etc.).
- We provide outlines explaining the concepts tested at the beginning of each study unit so you can study and learn the material before you answer and study the test questions.
- A detailed index assists you in finding topics and questions you wish to study.
- We provide practice tests using the FAA's mix of question topics.
The Gleim Commercial Pilot FAA Knowledge Test book provides you with the easiest, fastest, and least-expensive means to prepare for and pass the FAA knowledge test. Gleim Knowledge Transfer Outlines at the beginning of each study unit concisely present the relevant material needed to answer questions selected from previously-released FAA test banks, as well as questions that have been developed from current FAA reference materials.
This book can be used in preparation for the following FAA airman knowledge tests:
- Commercial Pilot – Airplane (CAX)
- Military Competency – Airplane (MCA)
- Commercial Pilot – Canadian Conversion
- Over 650 Multiple-Choice Questions
- Learn and understand difficult concepts easily using the Knowledge Transfer Outlines
- Review reprints of all images in the FAA Testing Supplement
- Prepare for the exam by taking practice knowledge tests under exam conditions
- Learn principles instead of memorizing answers by reviewing answer explanations
Table of Contents
Introduction: The FAA Pilot Knowledge Test
Study Unit 1. Airplanes and Aerodynamics
Study Unit 2. Airplane Instruments, Engines, and Systems
Study Unit 3. Airports, Air Traffic Control, and Airspace
Study Unit 4. Federal Aviation Regulations
Study Unit 5. Airplane Performance and Weight and Balance
Study Unit 6. Aeromedical Factors and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)
Study Unit 7. Aviation Weather
Study Unit 8. Aviation Weather Services
Study Unit 9. Navigation: Charts, Publications, Flight Computers
Study Unit 10. Navigation Systems
Study Unit 11. Flight Operations
Appendix A: Commercial Pilot Practice Test
Appendix B: Interpolation
FAA Listing of Learning Statement Codes
Cross-References to the FAA Learning Statement Codes
Abbreviations and Acronyms
Index of Legends and Figures