GAD 29C Interface Adapter
Part No: 010-01172-20
Compact GPS/Navigation Data Interface Adapter
- Small, lightweight ARINC 429 data bus adapter module
- Integrates with G3X™, G3X Touch™ and G5 series electronic flight displays
- Provides interface with IFR-capable GTN™ and GNS series navigators
- Interfaces with up to 2 GTN or GNS navigators; can also adapt the GTS™ 800 active traffic system for use with G3X and G3X Touch displays
- Simplifies installation of additional system capabilities and interfaces
GAD 29 is an affordable ARINC 429 avionics data bus module that can be used to interface up to 2 IFR-capable GPS navigators with the G3X, G3X Touch and G5 series electronic flight displays. It can also be used to adapt the GTS 800 series active traffic system for use with G3X and G3X Touch displays.
GARMIN GAD 29 Features
This compact GPS/navigation data adapter, when installed with the GTN 750 or GTN 650 series or legacy GNS 530 or GNS 430 navigators, can enable such advanced features as GPS steering, WAAS LPV vertical approach guidance, HSI map navigation, coupled VNAV and more for access via your compatible flight display system.
The ARINC 429 interface is the most commonly used data bus for high-end general aviation and commercial aircraft. The GAD 29 module leverages this network interface to offer an affordable way for pilots flying experimental/LSA aircraft to expand the capabilities of their avionics — and access the latest and best in IFR capabilities from their GTN or GNS series GPS navigators.
|Dimensions||9 × 6 × 3 in|
G3X Touch™ for Experimental Aircraft
Questions & Answers
See below for answers to our most popular questions.
I want to purchase the gnx 375 kit to integrate with Garmin G3X touch already installed. Do I need to purchase the Gad29 and if so could you have it available before December ? Thanks
The GAD 29C will be required to interface the GNX to the G3X system. The GAD and the installation kit are available and we can have ready to ship in about 3 days.