Sierra ANR Aviation Headset with Bluetooth
Part No: 4000
Sierra ANR Aviation Headset
The Lightspeed Sierra redefines performance and value in an ANR headset, with several advanced features found in much more expensive ANR's. Sierra has integrated cell phone BlueTooth interface, plus wired interface to any portable music device – and the music will automatically mute for incoming transmissions.
Step up to the world of premium ANR headsets with the value-priced Sierra. ANR and Bluetooth connectivity bring top-of-the-line features to Sierra and a reversible headband design allows microphone placement on the left or right.
The ideal choice for any pilot advancing to a premium ANR headset, Sierra offers a better experience for you and your passengers.
Quiet and comfortable, the premium Sierra ANR headset is value-priced yet still delivers quality on advanced features like Bluetooth connectivity, ComPriority™, plush ear seals, and a reversible headband designed for left or right microphone placement. All of Lightspeed’s innovative ANR technology is supported by durable fiber-reinforced polymer construction. Your search ends here for an ANR headset that is both high-quality and budget-friendly.
Lightspeed Sierra Aviation Headset Battery Features
Sierra will operate for up to 40 hours on two "AA" batteries, and the battery status indicator will let you know when the batteries are getting low. The auto shut-off feature keeps the batteries from discharge if you forget to turn the ANR off. Sierra has dual volume control, weighs 16 ounces, and includes padded headset bag, microphone wind screen, music interface cable, and Lightspeed 5 year warranty.
Lightspeed Headset CFI Discount
Qualifying flight instructors or professional pilots will receive a manufacturer's rebate of $100 USD when purchasing a Zulu 3 or wireless Tango®.
Although the rebate amounts are the same for both flight instructors and professional pilots, the eligibility requirements differ. In addition to a copy of their sales receipt from an authorized Lightspeed dealer showing the purchase of a new Lightspeed headset within 30 days of application.
Submit the following to Lightspeed:
Certified Flight Instructors
- A copy of their CFI license or other official documentation showing government authorization to instruct student pilots
- recent page from their logbook showing instructional flights
- A copy of their ATPL/CPL indicating ATP or commercial pilot certification (or equivalent in your country)
- A copy of their ID showing proof of current employment as a professional pilot
CFI and Pro Pilot Appreciation Program rebates cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, rebate, trade credit, or discount offers on Lightspeed headsets.
- Superior quiet – Active noise cancellation over a broad range of low-frequency noise brings state-of-the-art technology to Sierra.
- Comfort and durability – Weighing just 16 ounces, Sierra is light on the head. Covering nearly 10 square inches of surface area, the ear seals create a better seal and greater distribution of side pressure.
- ComPriority – Never miss important radio communications. ComPriority features Lightspeed-patented technology that automatically lowers the volume of any auxiliary device during radio or intercom transmissions.
- Reversible microphone – Our unique design allows for right or left microphone placement so you can fly with technology on your side.
- Mobile phone and music connection – In addition to full Bluetooth connectivity, Sierra offers an integrated control box auxiliary input, making it easy to connect a mobile phone, iPad or music/audio device.
- FlightLink – Capture incoming and outgoing communications with Lightspeed’s free FlightLink recording app for Apple iPad and iPhone via the supplied patch cable. This app is exclusively available on Lightspeed headsets.
- Included accessories – A music/audio patch cord, cord clip, two AA batteries, a carrying case and a foam windscreen are included with every Sierra.
- Available configurations: Dual GA plugs
- 30-day money-back guarantee – We know that every cockpit and pilot is different. That’s why we offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the product for a full and prompt refund.
- 5-year warranty – Lightspeed stands by the quality of the Sierra with a comprehensive 5-year warranty of materials and workmanship.
- Made in USA – The Sierra is built, rigorously tested, and inspected by Lightspeed employees at our Oregon facility.
OFF Mono-180 Ω, ON Mono-300 Ω
OFF Stereo-250 Ω, ON Stereo-600 Ω
All @ 1kHz
Speaker Frequency Response (Active)
20Hz to 20kHz (volume sliders max)
Bias: 8-16V (Not polarity sensitive)
Bias Resistance: 220Ω-2200Ω
20mV-80mV across 8-16V
Bias Re: 94dB SPL input at 6mm
Maximum SPL for Microphone
Battery: 3V, 2(AA) Alkaline batteries (Average battery life 40 hours)
Maximum SPL for ANR
> 120dB @ 100Hz
Weight: 16 oz.
Bluetooth Enabled Phone: Yes
Bluetooth Streaming Music: Yes
Questions & Answers
See below for answers to our most popular questions.
What other equipment is needed for the Lightspeed Sierra wireless headset to work in the cockpit of the airplane.
No other equipment is needed for this headset to work with an existing intercom system in your aircraft. Simply install the supplied AA batteries and plug the Mic/Phone jacks into the aircraft intercom system.