Lightspeed Zulu 3 Headset
Part No: 4064
Lightspeed Zulu 3 Aviation Headset
The new Lightspeed Aviation ZULU 3 is a worthy successor to those before it. Retaining the features that made them great while adding new features that increase comfort, durability, and value.
Lightspeed Zulu 3 Features & Benefits
ZULU 3 maintains the distinctive “ZULU” look, award-winning ANR performance while adding these new features
- Bluetooth for cell phones and music players
- Auto-Shutoff for increased battery performance, and ComPriority,
- Kevlar core cables for ultimate flexibility
- new ear seal that creates 30-50% more “ear space” than other ANR headsets
Zulu 3 is designed for the discerning pilot looking to invest in a high quality ANR aviation headset built for longevity and with unsurpassed attention to comfort details.
Legendary Lightspeed comfort and durability have earned the loyalty of private pilots, too. Performance ear seals, sturdy cables built around a Kevlar core, an industry-best 7-year warranty, make Zulu 3 the most enduring headset Lightspeed has ever assembled.
With full Bluetooth integration, enjoy excellent call clarity, music fidelity, and wireless access to critical audio alerts from aviation apps on mobile devices.
Lightspeed ANR Headset
Headsets are an essential instrument for flight that many pilots frequently undervalue. In in particular, Lightspeed Zulu 3 headsets are essential for streamlining radio and cockpit contact. However, they serve more purposes than merely enabling conversation. Additionally, they improve safety protocols and lessen captain fatigue, making them an essential part of any effective journey.
The Lightspeed Zulu 3 features an active noise reduction (ANR) system built into the headset, effectively canceling out more noise. This results in a lighter weight design with reduced clamping pressure compared to passive headsets that lack ANR technology.
Zulu 3 Headset Design
The magnesium ear cup is superior at blocking out high-frequency noise, and Lightspeed’s MicroPort technology offers greater ANR consistency and performance over a deep broad range of low-frequency noise.
Designed For More Comfort
• Performance ear seals are tapered to provide a more natural fit, for greater comfort and stability
• Plush ear seals provide 20% more surface area than competitors, for a better seal around glasses frames and a more comfortable distribution of side pressure
• Larger cup cavity provides 50% more space for your ears, allowing the entire ear to fit comfortably inside, while preventing the pain caused by seals pressing against the edge of the ear
• Low-profile stainless steel headband follows the curve of the head for a more comfortable distribution of weight and side pressure
Durability For Guaranteed Longevity
The low-profile stainless steel headband provides lightweight durability and a 7-year factory warranty makes the ZULU 3 a great ANR headset value.
• New rugged cables built around a Kevlar core deliver more strength and flexibility with less weight than standard cables
• Nearly 100% of the headset is made from stainless steel and magnesium
• Magnesium ear cups are both strong and light while delivering superior high-frequency noise attenuation
Noise Canceling For More clarity
• The Dual Aperture Disc™ microphone provides greater noise cancellation for clearer, more intelligible communications
• Exclusive, user-adjustable mic gain helps balance loud and soft voices in a multi-headset environment
• Front Row Center™ (FRC), stereo cross-feed technology and redesigned speakers deliver crisp, rich audio and unparalleled music fidelity
Lightspeed headset performance
• Award-winning active noise cancellation (ANR) delivers consistent performance over a deep, broad range of low frequency noise • Zulu 3 is backed by an industry-best 7-year warranty
Read about the benefits of getting ANR installed in your pilot helmet.
CFI Discount For Lightspeed Zulu 3
Qualifying flight instructors or professional pilots will receive a manufacturer's rebate of $100 USD when purchasing a Zulu 3 or wireless Tango®. Click Here For Rebate
Although the rebate amounts are the same for both flight instructors and professional pilots, the eligibility requirements differ. In addition to a copy of their sales receipt from an authorized Lightspeed dealer showing the purchase of a new Lightspeed headset within 30 days of application, they must submit the following to Lightspeed:
CFI and Pro Pilot Appreciation Program rebates cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, rebate, trade credit, or discount offers on Lightspeed headsets.
- Low-profile comfort – Weighing just 14.6 ounces (including ear seals and mic boom), Zulu 3 has a low-profile, stainless-steel headband that follows the curve of the head for more comfortable distribution of weight and side pressure.
- High-performance fit – Zulu 3’s tapered performance ear seals are designed to hug the curve of the jaw for a natural fit, increasing comfort and clarity while also providing a better seal around glasses frames. Cup cavities allow the entire ear to fit comfortably inside. We also offer taller head pads at no extra charge to ensure maximum comfort and performance on smaller head shapes.
- Durability and longevity – Made almost entirely of stainless steel and magnesium — with durable cables built around a Kevlar core — Zulu 3 is designed to endure the harshest flying environments and last for years to come.
- Superior quiet – Zulu 3 delivers advanced active noise reduction (ANR) performance over a deep, broad range of low-frequency noise. The magnesium ear cups are superior at blocking out high-frequency noise.
- Clear comms – The Dual Aperture Disc microphone provides greater noise cancellation for clearer, more intelligible communications. Exclusive, user-adjustable mic gain helps balance loud and soft voices in a multi-headset environment. Front Row Center (FRC) and stereo cross-feed technologies deliver crisp, rich audio and unparalleled music fidelity.
- Mobile phone and music connection – In addition to full Bluetooth connectivity, Zulu 3 offers an integrated control box auxiliary input, making it easy to connect a mobile phone, iPad or music/audio device.
- ComPriority™ – Never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority, which automatically lowers the volume of any auxiliary device during radio or intercom transmissions. The soft mute feature gently eases music back in for a smooth listening transition.
- FlightLink – Capture incoming and outgoing communications with Lightspeed’s free FlightLink recording app for Apple iPad and iPhone via the supplied patch cable. This app is exclusively available on Lightspeed headsets.
- Auto Shutoff™ – Lightspeed’s proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset power when not in use.
- Included in the box: Cellphone/music patch cords, cord clips, two AA batteries, a foam windscreen, and an attractive protective carrying case.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – We know that every cockpit and pilot is different. That’s why we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the product for a full and prompt refund.
- Available configurations: Dual GA, LEMO panel power, U-174
- 7-year limited warranty – The BEST in the aviation industry. Lightspeed stands by the quality of the Zulu 3 with a comprehensive 7-year warranty of materials and workmanship.
Battery power supply: 3V, two AA batteries
Weight: 14.6 oz. (including ear seals and mic boom)
Panel aircraft 8-40 VDC
Transducer: 40mm moving coil
Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz Nominal impedance @ 1 kHz:
OFF—Mono: 200 ohms, ON—Mono: 280 ohms
OFF—Stereo: 400 ohms, ON—Stereo: 560 ohms
Transducer principle: Noise-canceling electret
Frequency response: 200 Hz-6000 Hz
Maximum SPL: 114 dB
Terminating impedance: 220-2200 ohms
Operating voltage: 8V-16V DC
Bluetooth Enabled Phone: Yes
Bluetooth Streaming Music: Yes