PS ENGINEERING PM3000
Flawless functionality and innovative technology combine to make the PM3000 the pilot’s premier choice for a stereo intercom.
The PM3000 from PS Engineering is the most innovative stereo intercom on the market. It offers all the audio functions you need using the most advanced intercom technology available.
PS engineering Intercom Features:
- With dual stereo entertainment inputs, pilots are able to play music only heard by passengers, buffering them from the conversations in the cockpit
- Pilot isolate (ISO) and Crew isolate (front seats separate from back, applies to 6 Place only)
- A noisy airplane is no problem for the PM-3000. Its single squelch control knob for multiple squelch circuits makes it one of the quietest stereo intercoms to use
Complete Communication Control:
- The volume of the stereo intercom is separated from the volume of the aircraft radio, and the pilot is in complete control of both
- The pilot and copilot each have their own transmit capabilities, so transmission will only be heard when that person is pressing the PTT (which you’ll be notified of by a red transmit light - also can be a "stuck-mic" detector)
- With Soft Mute circuitry on the PM-3000, there’s no need to worry about adjusting the volume for radio reception or transmission. The stereo intercom will be muted automatically for reception and once transmission is complete, the original volume will be restored
- The pilot’s headset is connected with fail-safe wiring to the aircraft and is protected from power failure
- Three modes to streamline aircraft communication:
- Pilot isolate (ISO)
- The innovative dual stereo entertainment inputs increase flexibility of the stereo intercom. One great function is the ability to play music just to the passengers so they won’t be disturbed by conversation in the cockpit
- Even if your airplane is noisy, this stereo intercom still performs quietly due to the single squelch control knob for multiple squelch circuits
- The PM-3000 Soft Mute circuitry will quickly reduce music volume when you receive transmission or speak over the intercom. As soon as you have completed transmission, the Soft Mute will gradually bring the volume of you music back to where it was
- Automatic fail-safe interconnect to the aircraft radio wires the pilot's headset to the aircraft radio in the event of disrupted power or related failure.
- The pilot’s headset is secured to the aircraft radio in case of power disruption or failure
- The stereo intercom has the ability to keep pilot and co-pilot transmit capabilities separate. When the PTT is in use, a red transmit indicator will illuminate and also serves as a “stuck-mic” alert
- The PM-3000 has independent intercom volume controls that give you total control over communications by not interfering with volume levels of radio equipment
- Input power: 13.8 - 27.5 Volts DC
- Current Drain: < 200 mA (Externally fused at 1 Amp)
- Headphone Impedance: 150-1000 Ω(typical)
- Audio Distortion: <1.2% @ 50mW into 150 Ω load
- Aircraft Radio Impedance: 1000 Ω (typical)
- Mic Frequency Response: ±3 dB, 350 Hz — 6000 Hz
- Music Frequency Response ±3 dB, 200 Hz – 15kHz
- Unit weight: 12 Ounces (0.34 kg)
- Dimensions:1.25" H x 3.00" W x 5.50" D (3.2 x 7.6 x 14.0 cm)
- Environmental and technical qualifications: RTCA DO-160C
See below for answers to our most popular questions.