PM3000 4-Place Stereo Panel Mount Intercom w/ Pilot Isolate & Jack Kit
Part No: 11931A
PS ENGINEERING PM3000
Flawless functionality and innovative technology combine to make the PM3000 the pilot’s premier choice for a stereo intercom.
The PM3000 from PS Engineering is the most innovative stereo intercom on the market. It offers all the audio functions you need using the most advanced intercom technology available.
PS engineering Intercom Features:
- With dual stereo entertainment inputs, pilots are able to play music only heard by passengers, buffering them from the conversations in the cockpit
- Pilot isolate (ISO) and Crew isolate (front seats separate from back, applies to 6 Place only)
- A noisy airplane is no problem for the PM-3000. Its single squelch control knob for multiple squelch circuits makes it one of the quietest stereo intercoms to use
Complete Communication Control:
- The volume of the stereo intercom is separated from the volume of the aircraft radio, and the pilot is in complete control of both
- The pilot and copilot each have their own transmit capabilities, so transmission will only be heard when that person is pressing the PTT (which you’ll be notified of by a red transmit light - also can be a "stuck-mic" detector)
- With Soft Mute circuitry on the PM-3000, there’s no need to worry about adjusting the volume for radio reception or transmission. The stereo intercom will be muted automatically for reception and once transmission is complete, the original volume will be restored
- The pilot’s headset is connected with fail-safe wiring to the aircraft and is protected from power failure
- The four place stereo intercom (11931A) provides Pilot Isolate (ISO) allowing the pilot to concentrate on flying the airplane while the others on board can communicate with each other and listen to great hi-fi stereo music.
- The 11931A provides two un-switched inputs allowing the connection of audio sources like Angle of Attack (AOA) or Terrain Avoidance alerts.
- The 11931A's single music input is a differential input, effectively eliminating ground loop noise from the music source. (no alternator whine from differing power ground potentials).
- Power (PWR) and Transmit (XMT) LED intensity is adjustable from aircraft's lighting control rheostat.
- A single squelch control knob for multiple squelch circuits provides simplified operation as well as making the intercom one of the quietest to use, even in the noisiest of airplanes.
- Soft Mute circuitry is our standard-setting solution for managing the music volume levels against radio reception and transmission. Once you stop talking, Soft Mute gradually returns the music to its original volume.
- Automatic fail-safe interconnect to the aircraft radio wires the pilot's headset to the aircraft radio in the event of disrupted power or related failure.
- Separate pilot and copilot transmit capabilities ensures that only the person pressing the PTT will be heard over the radio. A blue transmit light is illuminated when a PTT is pressed -- this also serves as a "stuck-mic" indicator.
- The intercom volume does not effect the aircraft radio volume, and the pilot has the ability to control the audio level of the intercom independently from the audio level of the aircraft radio.
- Input power: 13.8 - 27.5 Volts DC
- Current Drain: < 200 mA (Externally fused at 1 Amp)
- Headphone Impedance: 150-1000 Ω(typical)
- Audio Distortion: <1.2% @ 50mW into 150 Ω load
- Aircraft Radio Impedance: 1000 Ω (typical)
- Mic Frequency Response: ±3 dB, 350 Hz — 6000 Hz
- Music Frequency Response ±3 dB, 200 Hz – 15kHz
- Unit weight: 12 Ounces (0.34 kg)
- Dimensions:1.25" H x 3.00" W x 5.50" D (3.2 x 7.6 x 14.0 cm)
- Environmental and technical qualifications: RTCA DO-160C