PMA 450C Audio Panel w/Bluetooth
Part No: 050-450-0801
Pickup available at 3650 Drane Field Rd
Usually ready in 24 hours
With the proliferation of Bluetooth® enabled devices in the cockpit and the ways pilots are using them, it was time to take the next step in connectivity with the introduction of the PMA450B/C.
More Bluetooth® capability than any other audio panel available today, When coupled with our innovative approach to audio control, this user friendly PMA450B/C gives more what the pilot wants from their audio panel, the central nervous system of their avionics suite.
This 3rd generation PMA450B/C has two completely independent Bluetooth® modules, giving unprecedented connectivity capabilities. The PMA450B/C has the ability to work like no other panel available. Stream to a digital video camera, hear Foreflight® alerts, make a phone call to ATC for your IFR clearance, you might even listen to your favorite tunes once in a while.
The PMA450B also adds our flightmate®. This integrated audio alert system gives the pilot the ability to hear alerts related to aircraft conditions. The PMA450C does not have flightmate® functionality, but retains the ability to have up to 5 unswitched audio inputs.
NOTE: additional wiring to implement flightmate® is required when upgrading from either GARMIN* GMA340/GMA345 or PMA8000 series audio panels.
IntelliAudio® gives the pilot the capability to pay attention to the radio that is important to their flight at any one instant in time. This is accomplished by positioning the Com audio in the headset to sound as if it is coming from one of 9 unique positions. Just like being at a cocktail party surrounded by other guests, you are able to pay attention to the person who is telling you something important while ignoring the other conversations that aren’t.
The PMA450B allows the pilot to choose from 9 unique positions in for Com 1 and Com 2 within a stereo headset.
The PMA450C positions Com 1 at the 10 o’clock position while Com 2 is positioned at the 2 o’clock position, which is the default position for IntelliAudio®, and the one most used by pilots.
The 3 Soft-key user interface is unprecedented for audio control panels. With more and more capability provided by our audio panels, we found it necessary to make the access to these functions easier. If you can read English you’ll be able to get all of the capability from the PMA450B/C without ever having to open up the User’s Guide.
Check list of capabilities:
- 3 Softkey User Interface integrated with OLED Graphics Display allowing intuitive operation as well as wide angle view in all levels of cockpit lighting
- IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound enhances the ability to listen to two com radios at the same time
- Multiple Bluetooth® modules - unprecedented flexibility
- Bluetooth® Music Streaming with front panel volume control
- Bluetooth® telephone connection
- Bluetooth® digital audio output for video recorders
- USB-C Charging Port provides 15 Watts of power with Auto-Protection preventing electrical shorts from being an issue.
- 4 Independent Music Inputs, Music #1, Music #2, and Bluetooth® (BT1), Bluetooth® 2 (BT2), and streaming output
- Enhanced Digital Aircraft Radio Recorder with display of Com and message number that is being played back
- Copilot as Passenger function
- 6 place IntelliVox® automatic VOX hi-fi stereo intercom with advanced intercom functions such as Alternate Intercom Function and Copilot as Passenger
- 3 User definable switched inputs
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
- 3 music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute
- Volume control for Intercom, Speaker, Marker Beacon Audio, 3 Switched Inputs, Telephone, and all Music Inputs
- Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- 3 Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 4 - 6 un-switched inputs
- Selectable music distribution for pilot, copilot and passengers
- RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
- 2-year Pro-Support Warranty
|DIMENSIONS:||Height: 1.3 in. (3.3 cm) Width: 6.25 in. (15.9 cm), Depth behind panel 7.15 in. (18.16 cm)||WEIGHT:||PMA450C Unit 1.34 lb. (0.61 kg), Rack with connectors 0.51 lb. (0.24 kg)|
|TEMPERATURE:||-15º C to 55ºC||ALTITUDE:||Up to 35,000 feet in a non-pressurized area|
|VOLTAGE:||11 to 33 VDC||MAX CURRENT:||3.5 Amp (Externally protected by a 5A pull-type breaker)|
|ENVIRONMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:||A1D1CABSMXXXXXXZBABATBXXE2XXX||AUDIO SELECTOR PANEL INPUT IMPEDANCE:||510 Ω|
|INPUT ISOLATION:||-60 dB (min.)||SPEAKER MUTING:||-60 dB (min.)|
|RECEIVER INPUTS:||7 (Com 1, Com 2, Nav 1, Nav 2, 2 ea. Additional switched inputs available for ADF, DME, etc.)||UNSWITCHED INPUTS:||4 (Two switched inputs can be converted to unswitched, if desired, during installation.)|
|TRANSMITTER SELECTIONS:||3 (Com 1, Com 2, Com1/2)||SPEAKER IMPEDANCE:||4 Ω|
|HEADPHONE IMPEDANCE:||150 – 1000 Ω||HEADPHONE OUTPUT:||30 mW each headset, no clipping <.5% THD typical|
|BLUETOOTH RADIO:||Class 3, FCC ID QOQWT32AE or QOQWT32I||MICROPHONE IMPEDANCE:||150 - 600 Ω|