Entirely self-contained, SAM is a solid-state instrument that provides attitude, altitude, airspeed and slip information to the pilot during normal operation or in the case of primary instrument failure.
SAM® is a solid-state instrument that displays attitude, altitude, airspeed, slip, vertical trend, and heading information to the pilot in an advanced, 2-inch format.
SAM delivers an easy-to-fit, compact design with selectable orientation (horizontal and vertical) like no other, ensuring a perfect fit within any panel. The unique two-screen display features high-definition graphics and extra-wide viewing angles. And at 1.6 pounds, SAM weighs less than the three instruments it’s designed to replace.
Pilots appreciate the intuitive interface, while installers love the flexible design.
- Attitude, altitude, airspeed and slip information with ARINC 429 output
- Small 2.4” x 5.5” footprint
- Extremely lightweight — 1.6 lbs
- Self-contained, rechargeable Nanophosphate® lithium-ion emergency battery
- Smooth, high-definition graphics
- Unique, two-screen display with wide viewing angles and a user-friendly menu structure
- Selectable orientation — horizontal and vertical
- Aircraft-specific, programmable airspeed range markings
- Easy installation — one knob configures the display and provides menu control to the pilot
- 10–32 VDC power input
- External, automatic and manual dimming control settings
- Software configurable lighting curves
- Field-upgradable software via standard USB port
- FAA TSO certified to C2d, C3e, C4c, C10b, C106, C179a — Pending
- RTCA DO-178B and DO-254 Design Assurance Level (DAL) A — Pending
- RTCA DO-160 qualified
- Designed and built in Wichita, Kansas, USA
- Two-year or 2,000-hour warranty
||Bezel: 2.37" H x 5.5" W x 0.33" D Chassis: 2.31" H x 3.16" W x 4.84"D
||1.6 lbs (0.73 kg)
||10-32 VDC; 6W nominal, 25W max
||Attitude: 300° per second pitch, roll & yaw (max) Altitude: -1,500 to +55,000 ft Airspeed: 20 to 50 knots
||UNITS OF MEASURE:
||Altitude: feet or meters Barometric Setting: inches of mercury, millibars Airspeed: knots, miles per hour or kilometers per hour
||Configurable: -10°to +90° pitch
||5, 14 and 28 VDC input
||16-detent, push and turn knob
||Rechargeable, field-replaceable, internal battery 60 minutes minimum when fully charged & maintained
||Front panel mounted
||Mid-Continent PN 9017646 kit contains custom DB15 connector with configuration module, pilot & static connectors
See below for answers to our most popular questions.