The new SV-GPS-2020 GPS Receiver/Antenna from Dynon lets new and existing SkyView and Advanced AF-5000 series customers add a 2020-compliant GPS position source for ADS-B Out. As a drop-in replacement for the existing SV-GPS-250 receiver, owners of existing systems do not need to run any additional wires, coax, or install any new boxes in their aircraft.
When combined with Dynon’s SV-XPNDR-261 Mode-S transponder, SkyView and Advanced Flight Systems customers meet all the transponder and ADS-B Out requirements for. Pilots can also add the SV-ADSB-470 Traffic and Weather Receiver for the best-possible situational awareness in their aircraft.
SkyView GPS Receiver: The SV-GPS-2020 is a sensitive, WAAS enabled GPS receiver and antenna. The advantage of having the receiver packaged in one unit with the antenna, is that the output is a standard NMEA serial connection. A shielded antenna cable, with its inherent attenuation of signal and greater difficulty of routing, is not required to connect to the SkyView Display.
GPS Data: GPS latitude/longitude data is necessary for the SkyView to locate its position to display Synthetic Vision and the Moving Map. It is also necessary during calibration of the Remote Compass/Magnetometer, in order for SkyView to determine current location and the correct magnetic inclination.
- GPS Navigation
- Synthetic Vision
- 2-Axis Autopilot
- High Resolution Terrain
- Pilot-Designed Interfaces
- Engine Monitoring
- Worldwide Navigation Data
- Mode-S Transponder (with ADS-B Out)
- 3-Year Warranty
- Integrated COM Radio
- 2-Place Stereo Intercom
SV-GPS-2020 + SV-XPNDR-261 System
- Size: 2.19” W x 0.75” H x 3.44” D
- Weight: 7 oz
- Maximum Velocity: 400 knots
- Update Rate: 4 Hz
- Temperature: Storage -40 °C to +70 °C
- Operating -30 °C to +60 °C
- Source Integrity Level (SIL): 3
- Interface: 115,200 baud RS-232 NMEA
- Output w/ integrity dataTransponder Compatibility: SV-XPNDR-261
- System Design Assurance (SDA): 2
- Compliance: Meets FAR section 91.225, 91.227 and performance requirements of TSO-c166b
See below for answers to our most popular questions.