TY96A Aviation Slimline VHF Radio (25kHz Only, 10W)
Part No: 01788-00-01
Regular Price: $2,000.00 /
Pickup currently unavailable at 3650 Drane Field Rd
- Slimline – only 1.3” high
- 25 kHz Only - ETSO and TSO approved
- Stereo music / two place intercom
- Configurable airfield database
- ‘Say Again’ and Emergency button
Both the TY96A and TY97A aviation radios define a new standard in 25 kHz radio design. Combining great quality and performance each radio is housed within a superbly engineered unit, slimline and light. At only 1.3”high the radio saves valuable stack space, but retains innovative and practical features. These radios are perfectly suited to the needs of experienced and novice pilots alike.
Features that matter
The TY96A is a 10 Watt model, suited for most general aviation use. The TY97A is a more powerful 16 Watt model, where a higher transmission output is required.
The display is clear and bright, showing both primary and secondary frequencies along with ICAO or custom set airfield identifiers. A ‘Push Step’ knob allows the fastest change from 50 kHz to 25 kHz steps - so you can tune the radio quickly without compromising your look-out. The Dual Watch feature allows two frequencies to be monitored at the same time - it’s like having two radios in one.
Both radios have a ‘Say Again’ feature. A single button press replays the last radio transmission. It’s ideal for student pilots, but every pilot can get distracted, so it avoids the embarrassment of asking air traffic to repeat a message. A one touch Emergency Button automatically sets 121.5 MHz, along with mic and volume levels. This ensures a successful transmission in what can be a stressful situation.
Each radio has a built in two place intercom with auxiliary inputs for stereo music and audio warnings. Each radio can also integrate with a GPS (SL40 protocol) to automatically display frequencies as they are required along the flight route. Finally, an airfield database can be loaded via the handy USB port. This database can contain over 200 of your preferred frequencies and identifiers.
Ease of installation
The radio’s low profile design requires no external cooling fans. The radios compact size and features make it a great choice for both forward and retro-fit installations. Each radio is designed to easily replace legacy radios, these include popular; KY 196A, KY 197A and SL 40 models.
The TY96A and TY97A - slimline aviation radios
- 25kHz certified stack radio - only 1.3" high.
- Features that matter - Push Step, Dual Watch. 'Say Again' and Emergency button.
- Type: Certified – 25 kHz
- Certification: ETSO 2C128, 2C169a, TSO-C128a TSO-C169a
- Compliance: ED-23C, ED-67, DO-186B, DO-178B Level B, DO-160G, DO-254 Level C
- Supply Voltage (DC): 11 – 33 V
- Typical Current Consumption in receive mode: at 14V – 175 mA
- Nominal Transmitter Power: 10 Watt
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to + 55°C
- Cooling Requirement: No fan required
- Weight: 2.09 lbs
- Total Dimensions: 1.3"H x 6.26"W x 10.63"L
- Installed depth in tray: 9.05" long