We take the worry out of holiday gift-giving.
As we all prepare to celebrate the holidays, I’d like to take this opportunity to shatter a long-standing myth that’s been drilled into you ever since your aunt Clara sent you those pink bunny pajamas – yes, Ralphie, I’m talking to you.
When it comes to gift giving, it is not the thought that counts; it’s the gift. Just ask my 12-year-old son, who gave me his Christmas list about a week ago.
The only thoughts that count are the ones you put into picking the best gift possible for the recipient. It can be a real holiday headache for someone, say a spouse or significant other who is not a pilot, to find the exact gift a pilot (you, for example) would really love.
To that end, I suggest you print this email out – cutting off this intro section – and leave it in a conspicuous place where said gift-giver will find it and hopefully take the obvious but well-intended hint. After all, you’re trying to save them from hours of worrying over what you really want. Kudos to you!
Gulf Coast Avionics 2022 Pilot’s Gift Guide.
- Redesigned ear cushions make this the most comfortable Bose ANR headset ever
- New-gen ANR uses microphones inside and outside each earcup to deliver exceptional noise canceling in all phases of flight
- Bose TriPort acoustics with active equalization produces tonally-balanced audio
- Adjustable powered microphone can be connected to either earcup
- Bluetooth phone connectivity lets you take calls wirelessly through the headset
- Enhanced EMI protection to minimize communications interference
- Smart shutoff for extended battery life. Installed headsets also feature a flexible power system to switch from aircraft power to battery power as needed automatically
- Ergonomic control module has been redesigned for greater ease of use. Includes contoured grip and streamlined interface with high-contrast icons on main controls
- And much more.
Built-in carbon monoxide sensor is optimally calibrated to provide audible and visual warnings at preset or user-defined CO thresholds
•HearingEQity automatically adjusts Delta Zulu to optimize every ATC call and conversation specifically for your individual hearing profile. Individualized profiles can be saved, and different headset users can switch profiles
•Bluetooth wireless technology with A2DP technology enables cell phone communications and stereo music streaming, along with alerts from aviation apps
- Patented ComPriority feature automatically lowers the volume of any auxiliary device, so you never miss important radio communications transmissions.
- Delta Zulu delivers advanced active noise reduction (ANR) performance over a deep, broad range of low-frequency noise
- Lightspeed’s proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset power when not in use
- And much more.
- Rugged, purpose-built portable navigator with built-in GPS/GLONASS receiver
- 5-inch sunlight-readable screen with intuitive, simple touchscreen operation
- Interface resembles the GTN 650/750 touchscreen series GPS navigators
- 3D Vision perspective view shows terrain, obstacles, airport environment, optional traffic, nearest airport, and more
- 3D Vision also displays lateral and vertical (VNAV) deviation bars and includes a 360-degree HIS
- Wireless cockpit connectivity via Connext® streams ADS-B weather and advanced traffic from compatible devices and enables Wi-Fi database downloads
- Depending on settings & connections, pilots will receive up to 4-6 hours of battery life on a single charge
- Comprehensive chart options provide pilots with an easy path to a paperless cockpit
- Built-in features tailored to helicopter operators, including Garmin WireAware & standard obstacle database contains Hazardous Obstacle Transmission (HOT) lines
- And much more.
The Honeycomb Flight Simulation bundle combines an Alpha Flight Controls Yoke & Switch Panel with the Bravo Throttle Quadrant to provide an all-in-one cockpit system. This combination offers the most advanced flight simulation system available to simmers, flight students, and pilots. Mac and PC compatible. (NOT compatible with Xbox).
Alpha Yoke features:
• Realistic full 180° yoke rotation and a solid steel shaft with dual linear ball bearings that provide smooth control with a dampened, self-centering mechanism
- Switch panel with master, alternator, avionics, and five-position ignition switch
- The left and right handles feature one eight-way hat switch, two vertical and two horizontal two-way rocker switches, three buttons, and a push-to-talk button
- For thicker tabletops, a large 3M® Micro-Suction Pad that produces 40lbs of tensile strength can be used for a clamp-free solution
- And much more.
Bravo Throttle features:
- Throttle Quadrant provides six general aviation and six commercial levers that can be arranged from single-engine general aviation all the way up to four-engine commercial aircraft
- The commercial levers include flaps, spoilers, and functional thrust reversers
- The general aviation levers include power, prop, and mixture and can engage thrust reverse for turboprops and jets
- Unit also features an autopilot panel with backlit buttons
- Gear lever with landing gear indicator lights
- And much more
- Compact, lightweight satellite communication device with two-way texting and SOS capabilities*
- System delivers up to 30 days of battery life, as well as integrated location and situational awareness features such as TracBack navigation and Garmin Explore Mobile app compatibility
- Enables two-way text messaging, location tracking, and weather updates thanks to the global Iridium satellite network*
- inReach Mini 2 users can trigger an interactive SOS message to the Garmin IERCC, a 24/7 staffed professional emergency response coordination center*
- Intuitive user interface, makes it easy to check location updates, weather alerts, and messages
- inReach Mini 2 can pair with more than 80 Garmin devices, including marine chart plotters, in-vehicle navigators, aviation systems, and smartwatches
- Using the inReach MapShare page or by sending GPS coordinates embedded in their message, users can update loved ones on their location at a moment’s notice
- And much more.
* When connected to an optional satellite subscription service.
Think of GCA as Santa’s little helper…
Of course, these are just a fraction of our great gift ideas for your favorite flier. Even the elves themselves can’t offer a better selection than you’ll find at www.gca.aero.
But if you’re still undecided, please give me a call at 863.709.9714 (ext 112). I’m here to provide any help you need to find the perfect gift.